What professionals need to know
A college savings solution offering unique Oklahoma tax benefits and a wide range of investment options for over 20 years.
- A Direct Sold plan well-suited to the priorities of financial professionals: Low expenses, a disciplined investment approach as well as support and services tailored to the needs of Advisors.
- Maximum Oklahoma 529 tax benefits: Tax free growth and distributions when used for qualified educational expenses. The only direct-sold plan to provide an Oklahoma state tax deduction of up to $20,000 per year. Limitations apply.1
- Flexible use options to help minimize impact of changing client needs or priorities: Approved for wide range of educational experiences, expenses, can be used nationwide and many schools abroad. Your beneficiary can be changed at anytime to another eligible beneficiary or simply withdraw assets.2
- A disciplined set of investment options: Full suite of self-adjusting Enrollment Year Options that utilize a progressive glidepath creating a more gradual shift in asset allocation, along with five Risk-Based Options and the Guaranteed Option allowing for more control over allocations. Options are managed by a dedicated 529 investment team and use funds from leading asset manager, Nuveen, a TIAA Company.
- Estate tax and legacy planning benefits:
- Estate tax exempt. Kiddie tax exempt. Generation skipping tax exemption eligible.
- Able to seed account with large upfront contribution – a lump sum gift of $85,000 if you’re a single filer or $170,000 if you’re married and pro-rate the gift over 5 years per the federal gift tax exclusion as of 2023.
- No limit of number of accounts / beneficiaries.
- Account owner maintains control over assets.
- Simplified 529 account management: Access client data easily and quickly with Ascensus QuickView.
- Planning Tools & Sharable Resources: For example use our College Calculator to explore funding scenarios considering age, contribution levels, school choice as well as your assumptions for ROI and cost inflation.
What can you do
- Include college savings as part of your periodic goal discussions.
- Encourage your clients to have dedicated college savings accounts, as this may reduce the temptation to use retirement assets for college savings.
- Make sure college savings are invested in vehicles with appropriate risk-reward profiles, and that your clients take advantage of available tax benefits.
- Use our Enrollment Year Options on their own or fine tune their risk/global exposure by mixing with an allocation of our Risk-Based Options.
- Plan Description Download PDF
- What is Oklahoma 529? Download PDF
- Another Reason to Save K-12 Flyer Download PDF
- Employer Guide Download PDF
- Request an Enrollment Kit Order
Manage your client’s accounts with 529 QuickView®
Easy 529 account management for Financial Professionals.
Need some help?
Give us a call877-654-7284
Monday – Friday
7:00 AM – 7:00 PM CT
For those with a hearing impairment, please contact us at the number above via a relay service. Language translation services available upon request.
For access, password reset and computer-related issues, call the dedicated 529 QuickView Help Desk888-823-4348
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 6:00 PM ET
More to explore
Compare investment options
Explore a range of 529 investment options to help fit your financial needs and your savings goals.Discover your options
Calculate the cost of college
Calculate costs with our Oklahoma 529 college savings calculator.Use our calculator
See how savings add up
Use our calculator to get a quick estimate of how much you can save for education.Estimate savings